La familia Hannover

De Bunte
trottchelseamemorial073.jpg
trottchelseamemorial393.jpg

Hay un par de videos en la página.
http://www.bunte.de/royals/royals-weltweit/chantal-ekaterina-co-haus-hannover-trauer.html

Me llama la atención ver a Nikolaos arrastrando equipaje.

Otra cosa que también me llama la atención es ver que Nikolaos, Pavlos y Arpad Busson llevan el mismo tipo de corbata. ¿Qué significará? ¿Un homenaje a Scott?

La Osma últimamente va muy seria, con ropa que le suma años.
Si de por si no es mucho de sonreír, un poco de chispa, de la chispa peruana no le caería mal.
Parece mucho mayor que el novio.
Las preocupaciones por los preparativos?
A lo mejor.
Gracias por las fotos!

Otra cosa que también me llama la atención es ver que Nikolaos, Pavlos y Arpad Busson llevan el mismo tipo de corbata. ¿Qué significará? ¿Un homenaje a Scott?
Nick Scott, Pavlos, (creo que Nikolaos), Christopher Lee, Leopold von Bismarck, Heinrich Fürstenberg, Arkie Busson y otros personajes de la realeza y el mundo del espectaculo tenían un club llamado Pug’s. En total eran 21 miembros. Se juntaban cada cierto tiempo, hacían fiestas, etc. Nick era el presidente del club y un hombre muy querido por todos.

En esta crónica de otro miembro del club en The Spectator, cuentan como muchos personajes cambiaron sus avendas para asistir a la misa de Nick Scott. Parece que era un hombre encantador. Quizás las corbatas del mismo color tienen algún significado por el tema del club.

“Our must-read daily political analysis, with a look ahead to tomorrow’s events

Thus, despite the sadness of the occasion, the hundreds of us who attended the memorial service of thanksgiving and celebration for the life of Nick Scott were a welcome sight. Nick was president of Pugs club, dandy, soldier, raconteur, humorist extraordinaire, gentleman, landscape artist, farceur, great friend and as sensitive a soul as it is possible to be without being too precious for words. They say that you can tell a man by his friends. Well, just check out the following: the Maharajah of Jodhpur did a round trip from India — 20 hours’ flying time — on his magic carpet. The crown prince of Greece, Pavlos, hopped on a plane in New York, flew all night, attended the service at St Luke’s Church, Chelsea, then drove back to Heathrow and caught a plane back to the Bagel. His brother, Prince Nikolaos, flew in from Greece, as did George Livanos, whose doctor has prescribed rest. Bob Geldof changed the dates of his singing tour in order to address us. I’ll get to that in a moment. A part of the church was reserved for Pugs club members and we were all advised by the president pro tem Count Bismarck to wear our club tie. Everyone, including Arki Busson and Rolf Sachs, who never wear neckties, did so.

Celebrations of a life are bittersweet occasions. Some are too corny, others downright false. This was as good as it gets. The Revd Emma Smith was perfect, the choir divine, and things began to rock with Sir James McGrigor’s childhood memories of Nick. Rolling in the aisles, as they say. He was followed by Commodore Tim Hoare, a lifelong friend and Eton schoolmate. Tim is a very serious man who shows only his funny side to people. He spoke briefly and movingly, and generously gave Bob the rostrum.

Well, Mark Antony would have blanched. Geldof spoke for 30 minutes and when he finished, everyone in the church wanted more. Both Tim and Bob spoke with such eloquence and heart-rending truthfulness that Nick was brought back to life. This is a hard thing to say but I have never in all my days heard a better eulogy. He described Nick in depth, but his flaws came across in a positive light, all due to Geldof’s words. He didn’t hide a thing. Nor did he skirt any issue. The rhythm was perfect, from sad to funny, from melancholy to burst-out-loud laughter.

My only hope is that this extraordinary eulogy has been preserved on tape. The mother of my children called it the best ever and I have to agree. Geldof is a poet of rare intelligence and talent and what a pity it was that he called me useless during the greatest eulogy ever.”

Nick Scott, Pavlos, (creo que Nikolaos), Christopher Lee, Leopold von Bismarck, Heinrich Fürstenberg, Arkie Busson y otros personajes de la realeza y el mundo del espectaculo tenían un club llamado Pug’s. En total eran 21 miembros. Se juntaban cada cierto tiempo, hacían fiestas, etc. Nick era el presidente del club y un hombre muy querido por todos.

En esta crónica de otro miembro del club en The Spectator, cuentan como muchos personajes cambiaron sus avendas para asistir a la misa de Nick Scott. Parece que era un hombre encantador. Quizás las corbatas del mismo color tienen algún significado por el tema del club.

“Our must-read daily political analysis, with a look ahead to tomorrow’s events

Thus, despite the sadness of the occasion, the hundreds of us who attended the memorial service of thanksgiving and celebration for the life of Nick Scott were a welcome sight. Nick was president of Pugs club, dandy, soldier, raconteur, humorist extraordinaire, gentleman, landscape artist, farceur, great friend and as sensitive a soul as it is possible to be without being too precious for words. They say that you can tell a man by his friends. Well, just check out the following: the Maharajah of Jodhpur did a round trip from India — 20 hours’ flying time — on his magic carpet. The crown prince of Greece, Pavlos, hopped on a plane in New York, flew all night, attended the service at St Luke’s Church, Chelsea, then drove back to Heathrow and caught a plane back to the Bagel. His brother, Prince Nikolaos, flew in from Greece, as did George Livanos, whose doctor has prescribed rest. Bob Geldof changed the dates of his singing tour in order to address us. I’ll get to that in a moment. A part of the church was reserved for Pugs club members and we were all advised by the president pro tem Count Bismarck to wear our club tie. Everyone, including Arki Busson and Rolf Sachs, who never wear neckties, did so.

Celebrations of a life are bittersweet occasions. Some are too corny, others downright false. This was as good as it gets. The Revd Emma Smith was perfect, the choir divine, and things began to rock with Sir James McGrigor’s childhood memories of Nick. Rolling in the aisles, as they say. He was followed by Commodore Tim Hoare, a lifelong friend and Eton schoolmate. Tim is a very serious man who shows only his funny side to people. He spoke briefly and movingly, and generously gave Bob the rostrum.

Well, Mark Antony would have blanched. Geldof spoke for 30 minutes and when he finished, everyone in the church wanted more. Both Tim and Bob spoke with such eloquence and heart-rending truthfulness that Nick was brought back to life. This is a hard thing to say but I have never in all my days heard a better eulogy. He described Nick in depth, but his flaws came across in a positive light, all due to Geldof’s words. He didn’t hide a thing. Nor did he skirt any issue. The rhythm was perfect, from sad to funny, from melancholy to burst-out-loud laughter.

My only hope is that this extraordinary eulogy has been preserved on tape. The mother of my children called it the best ever and I have to agree. Geldof is a poet of rare intelligence and talent and what a pity it was that he called me useless during the greatest eulogy ever.”

Gracias por traerlo @vale2807 . Qué bonito reconocimiento y qué bien habla de Nick Scott. Para Chantal debe haber sido una gran pérdida y me alegra saber que luego de lo que debe haber sido un divorcio algo amargo de Ernst, logró unirse a un hombre que según las palabras expresadas por el artículo, era excepcional. Ver como sus amigos lo reconocen habla mucho de como fue.
Otro hecho a resaltar es la preencia de Andrea y esposa; porque si bien era natural que asistieran a la boda de su hermanastro (se han visto compartiendo mucho desde su juventud), no es tan de esperarse que asistiera a la misa de funeral del esposo de la primera esposa de un padrastro con el que parecía llevarse mal.

Gracias también por las fotos.

Acabo de leer la crónica de The Spectator con más atención y efectivamente la corbatas tienen un significado. El conde Leopold Von Bismarck fue el que sugirió que todos los miembros de los Pugs usaran la corbata oficial del club en honor a Scott.

Back