Veinte aniversario de la muerte de la Princesa Diana

Los ingleses no terminan de aceptar a Carlos,no ya por Diana,si no por su falta de carisma y entrega,se mantiene frío y ausente de los problemas de la gente.Quizás por esto la madre no cede el paso, a pesar de su edad.Estoy segura ahora que se ha retirado el abuelo,Guillermo va a acompañar a su abuela en más actos,que CARLOS.

Yo acababa de dar a luz a mi hijo, y estaba en estados Unidos, con 5 horas de diferencia con UK. Me vi todo el funeral, el entierro de madrugada dando el pecho, con el bebe en los brazos.
En mi vida habian habido muy pocas muertes, ciertamente nadie joven como Diana, y aunque nunca la habia conocido era como perder a alguien muy cercano.
Todo parecia irreal, una pelicula. Me acuerdo leer que al dia siguiente de la muerte los pobres hijos tuvieron que ir a misa con la familia real, y que el sacerdote ni menciono a Diana en la homilia, lo que provoco que harry y William le preguntaban al padre si era seguro que la mama se murio.. En ese momento Charles y su familia se querian lavar las manos de Diana, y no anticiparon la explosion de emocion del pueblo, que les obligo a reaccionar y ponerse a la altura.
Por un lado es hasta comprensible, Diana y charles estaba divorciados y ella no solo lo habia puesto como un trapo , pero habia roto todas las leyes escritas y no escritas sobre el comportamiento real publico, dando entrevistas y contando sus miserias. La reina estaba hasta los cataplines de Diana, prince Philipe la odiaba, y ahora tenian que llegar dandose golpes de pecho y literalmente endiosarla.
En la vida normal nadie te exige que si se muere tu ex llegues sollozando al entierro proclamando a los 4 vientos que bella persona era, pero esto fue lo que tuvieron que hacer.

Me ha encantado este mensaje, resume muy bien todo lo que pensaron y sintieron ambas partes.
Seguro que ahora, en el 2017 ella no hubiera atacado a la familia real y los de Gales tampoco se hubieran puesto tan nerviosos. Hace 20 años, que atraso todo, la verdad. Gracias por el escrito, @soy lectora.

Rosa Monckton: My extraordinary friend, Diana
In an exclusive interview, Rosa Monckton tells Valentine Low how she became the princess’s confidante and shared a final holiday with her in Greece, days before her death

Valentine Low
August 31 2017, 12:01am, The Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Ff58aea8e-8d94-11e7-8a9b-cc2ed7ce991f.jpg

Princess Diana with Rosa Monckton and her daughter DomenicaDAN STEVENS/ALPHA
Save
One day between the death of Diana, Princess of Wales in Paris in the early hours of August 31, 1997 and her funeral the next Saturday, Rosa Monckton went to pay her last respects at St James’s Palace.

Monckton was not only one of her closest friends, but also one of the last to see Diana alive. Less than two weeks before the fatal car crash they had enjoyed a holiday together, sailing around Greece in a small boat as they delighted in dodging the paparazzi. It was a short, but blissful respite in a tumultuous year when Diana broke up with one lover — Hasnat Khan — and took up with another — Dodi Fayed — as she set about trying to rebuild her life after her divorce.

“I just remember kneeling in front of her coffin in the Chapel Royal and thinking, ‘Well, now, finally you are at rest.’ Her life was such a turmoil, and her death was awful and sad and dreadful, but I felt, ‘She is at peace.’ ”

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fba484bc4-8d94-11e7-8a9b-cc2ed7ce991f.jpg

Rosa Monckton and Diana swimming in BaliCOPYRIGHT ROSA MONCKTON
As she knelt there Monckton was accompanied by Lúcia Flecha de Lima, the wife of the Brazilian ambassador to London, who had become a close friend of Diana’s ever since she and her husband had gone on an official visit to Brazil with Charles and Diana. It was Flecha de Lima who had introduced Monckton to Diana and the three of them had been a close-knit unit. They lunched together, went on holiday together and even had a gold brooch made to symbolise their friendship — a cloak and dagger, to represent the fun that they had escaping the attentions of the photographers who dogged Diana’s every step. It had been commissioned by Monckton, who had brought the New York jewellers Tiffany’s to London and later became the chief executive of Asprey & Garrard.

Flecha de Lima died of cancer in April, aged 76, so Monckton, 63, is the only one of them left alive. “I went to her memorial service,” she said, as she spoke about their friendship to The Times in an exclusive interview to mark the 20th anniversary of Diana’s death. “We were very much the three of us. It was a really strange thing, because I was the only one left standing. It really brought back all the fun we had. We all had brooches, and I often wonder if the boys had found [Diana’s] brooch. We all three had them, because we called ourselves the ‘Three Musketeers’. We were always scurrying around hiding from people. It was a club, membership of three.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F1651459c-8d95-11e7-8a9b-cc2ed7ce991f.jpg

The friendship brooch worn by the “three musketeers”COPYRIGHT ROSA MONCKTON
“I wore mine [at the service] and I thought, ‘Well, I am the only one now who knows what this means.’ ”

It was not always fun. There was the darkness too, the all-consuming unhappiness that played such a prominent role in Diana’s life for so long. However, if it wasn’t for that unhappiness, Monckton would never have become Diana’s friend.

They met in 1991, following the visit to Brazil on which Flecha de Lima had accompanied the royal couple.

“Lúcia rang me and said, ‘I don’t know if you know the Princess of Wales, but I am not English and she struck me as incredibly unhappy. She needs help. I am not certain I am the one . . . I talked to her about you and she would like to meet you.’”

To this day Monckton is not sure what it was about her that made her a suitable person to help Diana — who, after all, had many friends — but she agreed to meet her. The results were astonishing. From the moment the princess met this almost total stranger, she emptied her heart out to her.

“The reason our friendship was so strong was because she was so needy at that time. It was straight into, ‘I’m so unhappy, I don’t know what to do.’

“We met in the [Brazilian] residence the first time, then we went to lunch at Harry’s Bar. Then literally she rang me the next day and said, ‘Can I come round? I want to continue the conversation.’ ”

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fe81a1b22-8d94-11e7-8a9b-cc2ed7ce991f.jpg

Diana with Lúcia Flecha de LimaPETER SIMPSON/NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS
The letters Diana wrote to Monckton are testament to the role she played. “You have listened to the anguish and heard the tears,” she wrote in one, “but have led me through the minefield to safety beyond. The words ‘thank you’ are totally inadequate to tell you just how much your advice and friendship have meant.”

Like everyone else who knew her, Monckton found that being Diana’s friend was not a straightforward business. When her opinions were unwelcome — advising against the holiday with the Fayeds, rebuking her over her sullen behaviour on a tour of Korea, questioning the wisdom of the Panorama interview — it could lead to a period of being frozen out. And, of course, she was just one of many people to whom Diana lied point blank about her involvement in the Andrew Morton book.

None of that, said Monckton, should obscure the fact that “she was an incredible friend to me”.

Their final holiday together in August 1997, sailing around Greece on a friend’s boat — a decidedly modest vessel with just three cabins, nicknamed “the cottage” by Diana — was a happy time. “We really, really laughed,” said Monckton. Much of their time was spent eluding the paparazzi who were trying to find them. “It was a running joke with the captain. We would go up into his tiny little cockpit and he would say, ‘They are there, those helicopters are there — right, so we are going to go back to Hydra, where we were before, because there is nobody there at the moment.’

“We went into one little bay and there was a stonking great Onassis-style boat. We came up, like a little tender, and a guy on the deck recognised her, and shouted across, ‘We’re not going to tell anybody! Enjoy your holiday!’ He said, ‘You know the whole of Greece is looking for you?’ She said ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘Well, they will never find you on that!’ ”

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fd65b46b8-8d94-11e7-8a9b-cc2ed7ce991f.jpg

A holiday in Bali togetherCOPYRIGHT ROSA MONCKTON
Above all, as much as Monckton gave Diana help and support, Diana was incredibly supportive in turn. In an extraordinary episode that remained secret for many years, when Monckton and her husband Dominic Lawson’s daughter Natalia was stillborn, Diana arranged for them to bury her in a walled garden at Kensington Palace.

When her younger daughter Domenica — sister to Savannah — was born with Down’s syndrome, Diana immediately offered to be her godmother.

“She came into hospital. She was the first of my friends to come round. She just picked her up and said, ‘I’m taking this one on board. You will need all the help you can get.’ She was such a champion for her.

“She was a really hands-on godmother. Extraordinarily. I was very blessed with her support, because it was not easy at the beginning.”

Domenica is now 22, and Monckton’s present project is Team Domenica, a charity helping adults with learning difficulties to find paid employment. It is based in Brighton, but there are plans to expand next year. Monckton has no doubt that, had she lived, Diana would have been heavily involved in her goddaughter’s life. “She would have been patron of Team Domenica, she would have been down here, because she was really hands-on.”

Diana’s practical side emerged late in Monckton’s pregnancy with Savannah. “I was running Tiffany’s, I was absolutely flat out. About a month before Savannah was due she rang me up and said, ‘I’m coming.’ I said, ‘What do you mean, you’re coming?’ She said, ‘I am coming. I know you have done no shopping. You have got a baby coming. It is time you realised this. I am coming now, and we are going to go shopping.’

“She arrived and we went to Mothercare just off Knightsbridge. Out came her credit card — which she was very pleased to have, it was quite new [for her] to have a credit card — and we did an enormous shop. We took it all back to our flat and she said, ‘Right, we haven’t got a pram, we haven’t got a Moses basket, because you can have mine.’ So then delivered from Kensington Palace was an incredibly smart Silver Cross pram, which was William’s and Harry’s, and this Moses basket. I still have the Moses basket up in the attic.”

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fc4799436-8d94-11e7-8a9b-cc2ed7ce991f.jpg

At Domenica’s christening in 1995ALAN DAVIDSON
The pram was used on many occasions to push Savannah across Kensington Gardens on their way to have lunch at Kensington Palace.

The question that arises so often with Diana is, could she have found happiness? Monckton was hesitant. “She was so complicated,” she said. “I just will never know. One of the many parts of the tragedy was that she was 36, she was just about establishing herself as the most extraordinary global humanitarian. And she certainly did find happiness in helping other people. It fed something in her, some need in her translated into her ability to help other people. I think she could have been content.”

Whatever happened, Monckton is certain that Diana would not have found happiness with Fayed. “She wasn’t in love with him. She was infatuated, I don’t think it would have lasted. We must remember that they had only met earlier that summer.”

On their Greek holiday Monckton even suggested that Diana — who by then had started her affair with Fayed — should go back to Khan, the Pakistani-born heart surgeon that Diana had a two-year relationship with and nicknamed “Mr Wonderful”. She said: “I said to her, ‘Why not go back to Hasnat?’ She said, ‘I can’t now. I’ve hurt his pride by doing this.’ It was such a rebound.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fccfaefba-8d94-11e7-8a9b-cc2ed7ce991f.jpg

With the crew of the yacht Della Grazia, a week before her deathCOPYRIGHT ROSA MONCKTON
“She was so needy. She thought she wanted somebody who was there the whole time, which Hasnat with his profession was certainly not able to be. Dodi certainly had more time for her, and it was beginning to drive her bonkers. He was always ringing, giving her presents. She said, ‘It’s getting too much, Rosa. I don’t want this.’ ”

In the end it was that unhappiness, and her attempts to escape it — from her mother leaving home when she was a child, to the catastrophe of her marriage — that goes part of the way to explaining why the world is still fascinated with Diana.

“She was everything to everybody,” said Monckton. “She broke down the walls. She busted the myth of being a fairytale princess. Such a thing doesn’t exist. It doesn’t exist in people’s lives either. People responded because there was somebody in an unhappy relationship, who was trying to deal with it, trying to get out of it, trying to find her way, trying to be something different — all the struggles that everybody has in their lives. They just completely identified with her.

“She was an incredibly vulnerable woman. I think that given the life she had, when you think what she had to overcome, and all of this in the public eye, I think she was a truly extraordinary woman. Very damaged, very flawed as we all are, but underneath it all this incredible resilience. I just think it was extraordinary what she managed to achieve, given her profound unhappiness and insecurity.”

Los ingleses no terminan de aceptar a Carlos,no ya por Diana,si no por su falta de carisma y entrega,se mantiene frío y ausente de los problemas de la gente.Quizás por esto la madre no cede el paso, a pesar de su edad.Estoy segura ahora que se ha retirado el abuelo,Guillermo va a acompañar a su abuela en más actos,que CARLOS.

si algo de interesante tuvo..............después de la muerte de Diana, se ensombreció.

Diana convenía y mucho, por eso ante el asedio y acoso de la prensa, la casa real no decía ni pío, porque convenía que estén distraídos en Diana y no en temas candentes como la situación de la violencia del IRA lo de las Malvinas argentinas, la situación económica, etc. etc.
si ellos, la casa real, hubiera querido, con un comunicado sólo le ponían el pare.............pero ellos quería circo para los ciudadanos.

Qué bonito.
Las nuevas generaciones, en efecto, no podrán comprender a Diana más allá que fué una mujer guapa y madre de Guillermo y Harry, pero los que ahora somos de la base cuarenta, sabemos que ella cambió conceptos de la monarquía, con ella, la monarquía se acercó más a los ciudadanos, se sensibilizó y se mostró como de carne y hueso, que hasta podían llorar en público..........Diana, como solía decir, buscaba cambiar algunas cosas de la monarquía para el bienestar de su hijo Guillermo cuando sea Rey, acercarla al pueblo por eso ella llevaba a sus hijos por la noche para que vean cómo dormían en los basureros la gente que no tenía dada y así darse cuenta que ellos habían nacido en una posición privilegiada.
Diana, educó a sus hijos de cara a la realidad y no de espaldas, les evitó una vida frívola por el contrario, los preparó para darse cuenta que hay una vida más allá de palacio.
En plan serio, no me llamaría la atención que Harry rompa el molde y se case con Morena Mía, ojalá ella lo ame y pueda consolidar con él una bonita familia.

sus hijos en esa entrevista fueron muy respetuosos con su madre y su padre...

pero siempre se escapa algo..
tanto harry como William recordaron la última vez que hablaron con su madre.Ellis pasaban sus vacaciones en balmoral..y la llamada interrumpio el juego con sus primos y fueron cortantes y poco cariñosos..
Ambos se arrepentirán.. "si hubiésemos sabido que era la última vez que hablábamos con ella"..
Creo que fue harry que comento..
lo poco que les gustaba hablar por red con sus padres,con Diana..
"estábamos cansados de tanta tf de tantas conversaciones por tf"..
denota tristeza,melancolía y soledad..

tam bien harry comentó que nunca se acabaría de saber la verdad de todo esto..

lo debieron pasar fatal estos chicos...muy mal..

Si no me equivoco fue Harry el que comentó que nunca pasaban suficiente tiempo con ninguno de los padres, por tener que estar compartiendo tiempo entre ambos.
Si a esa circunstancia usual en los divorcios le sumamos que estaban internos (típico de los aristócratas ingleses el enviar lejos a sus hijos desde muy pequeños), deben haber pasado muy poco tiempo en familia.

William y Harry a veces me exasperan, pero siempre pienso que demasiado bien salieron. Su entorno es enrarecido, aún cuando el matrimonio de sus padres hubiese sido bueno y si además montaron un circo y luego pierden a la madre trágicamente... era para esperar lo peor.

Yo pensaba que ellos había estado en terapia, por lo bien que han crecido, pero por sus últimas conversaciones se ve que solo en recientes años Harry ha buscado algo de apoyo en esa línea.

Si no me equivoco fue Harry el que comentó que nunca pasaban suficiente tiempo con ninguno de los padres, por tener que estar compartiendo tiempo entre ambos.
Si a esa circunstancia usual en los divorcios le sumamos que estaban internos (típico de los aristócratas ingleses el enviar lejos a sus hijos desde muy pequeños), deben haber pasado muy poco tiempo en familia.

William y Harry a veces me exasperan, pero siempre pienso que demasiado bien salieron. Su entorno es enrarecido, aún cuando el matrimonio de sus padres hubiese sido bueno y si además montaron un circo y luego pierden a la madre trágicamente... era para esperar lo peor.

Yo pensaba que ellos había estado en terapia, por lo bien que han crecido, pero por sus últimas conversaciones se ve que solo en recientes años Harry ha buscado algo de apoyo en esa línea.

Vi el documental tv1, entiendo los sentimientos de los hijos pero me parece unos niños pijos que todavía no han superado la muerte de su madre. Al menos sus necesidades estaban más que cubiertas, no como muchos niños en el mundo.

En mi opinión y con el paso de los años Diana tenía claroscuros, como todas las personas. Ni era una santa ni un diablo.

En contra:

No demasiado inteligente, en cuanto a CI, pero lo suplía con su inteligencia emocional.
No era culta ni formada.
Se casó demasiado joven y aunque podía intuir lo que se avecinaba, estaba sometida a demasiadas presiones por ambas familias y no estaba "hecha" como para enfrentarse a los Windsor.
Manipuladora de manual. Sus intentos de su***dio, etc, así lo atestiguan. También su relación con la prensa, a la que utilizaba.
Caprichosa. Si se le antojaba o alguien, no paraba. Incluso acosaba.
Infiel. Ella llevaba cuernos, pero Carlos era el padre de Bambi.
En sus inicios, una hortera de bolera.

A favor:

Inteligencia emocial a mansalva.
Empatía por toneladas.
Fotogenia.
Elegancia. En su etapa postdivorcio sobre todo.
Belleza. Era guapa, sin duda.
Buena madre. Como muchas pero ella tenía enfrente ni más ni menos que a los Windsor, que no es moco de pavo.
Utilizar su imagen para buenas causas: el tema de los enfermos de SIDA que eran intocables en su día, marcó un hito para evitar los estigmas. Lo mismo con las minas anti personas.
Influencia bien utilizada en la mayoría de las veces. Otras veces lo utilizaba para presionar a su favor.
Simpatía, palabra desconocida en la familia real británica.

Diana convenía y mucho, por eso ante el asedio y acoso de la prensa, la casa real no decía ni pío, porque convenía que estén distraídos en Diana y no en temas candentes como la situación de la violencia del IRA lo de las Malvinas argentinas, la situación económica, etc. etc.
si ellos, la casa real, hubiera querido, con un comunicado sólo le ponían el pare.............pero ellos quería circo para los ciudadanos.
Lo mismo que aquí...:sneaky:

Back