- 18 Ene 2019
Royals & SocietySalma Hayek and Princess Marie-Chantal among 20 richest women in Britain on 2020 Sunday Times Rich List
A record 25 female billionaires top this year's Sunday Times Rich List
by Margaret Abrams
1 day ago
ES Insider Newsletter
The hottest luxury and A List news
Register with your social accountor click here to log in
I would like to receive updates on cool openingsand celebrity lifestyle news every week, by email
The Sunday Times Rich List has revealed the wealthiest women in Britain, with a record 25 female billionaires topping the list.
For the first time, 150 women have made the list of the richest 1,000 - and they're all impressive (especially Rihanna).
Topping the list at number one is heiress and horsewoman Kirsten Rausing, who is worth £12.1bn - but she’s still down £156 million from last time. Kirsten, born in Sweden, owns half of the British Bloodstock Agency, which buys and sells racehorses. She and her brothers also own a Swiss-headquartered packaging group that their grandfather started.
After her, it’s Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken (her money comes from a hefty inheritance from brewing and baking) at £10.3 billion.
Coming in hot at number six is actress Salma Hayek, who’s married to French multibillionaire tycoon François-Henri Pinault, who oversees luxury brands including Gucci. The jetsetting couple own homes in London, Paris, Hollywood, and the French countryside. Her fortune comes from fashion and films.
She’s followed by Baroness Howard de Walden and family, Leonie Schroder, Carrie Perrodo and Harriet Heyman.
Other aristocratic notables include Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece, Lady Charlotte Wellesley, Dame Mary Perkins and Lady Philomena Clark.
Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, Harry Potter creator Joanne JK Rowling and 50 Shades writer E L James also made the list.
This year’s rich list also includes popstar, Tidal co-owner and fashion designer Rihanna, who’s the highest new entry on the list. Read all below:
1. Kirsten Rausing, £12.1bn
2. Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken, £10.3bn
3. Marit Rausing and family, £9.59bn
4. Kirsty Bertarelli, £9.2bn
5. Denise Coates, £7.166bn
6. Salma Hayek, £6.592bn
7. Baroness Howard de Walden and family, £4.316bn
8. Leonie Schroder and family, £3.977bn
9. Carrie Perrodo and family, £3.438bn
10. Harriet Heyman, £3.047bn
11. Inna Gudavadze and family, £2.65bn
12. Princess Marie-Chantal and family, £2.15bn
13. Sarah Dawson, £2.05bn
14. Lady Charlotte Wellesley, £2.031bn
15. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, £1.808bn
16. Varsha Engineer, £1.8bn
17. Dame Mary Perkins and family, £1.8bn
18. Emily von Opel, £1.654bn
19.Anita Zabludowicz, £1.5bn
20. Lady Ballyedmond and family, £1.345bn
21. Marit Mohn Westlake and family, £1.325bn
22. Elisabeth Murdoch, £1.2bn
23. Yelena Baturina, £1.144bn
24. Lady Philomena Clark and family, £1.131bn
25.Ursula Bechtolsheimer and family, £1bn