Los Duques de Sussex dejan de ser SAR's pero mantienen el Ducado. Devolverán dinero invertido en Frogmore. La nueva vida en Canadá

¿Quien ha ganado el Megxit?

• La Reina Isabel

Votos: 271 43,5%
  • Los Duques de Sussex

Votos: 156 25,0%
  • Nadie

Votos: 130 20,9%
  • Otros miembros de la Familia Real

Votos: 66 10,6%

• Total voters
Añado...si un negro llega a Presidente no se le podría criticar, por racismo. Podría hacer y deshacer y nada se le podría decir...porque eres racista. Este es el soniquete constante en este hilo, con una señora que NI SiQUIERA es negra...:sleep:
Si la familia real o los británicos fueran racistas dudo mucho que estuviese viviendo a cuenta de ellos. Son tan racistas que el ajuar que lleva ya embolsado solo en joyas se le ha debido quedar pequeño

Desde el día 1 de esta relación, todo lo relacionado con ellos me pareció y me parece todavía muy raro.
Ella nunca me ha gustado, la "cale" apenas vi un video con una entrevista antigua.
Empecé a leer cotilleando y otros foros y de verdad no entendía como es que se daba esta relación.
En Julio- Agosto 2017 apareció una publicación en tumbir que yo copié y después que empezaron a " desaparecer " algunos blogs, lo transcribi para no perderlo, porque para mí era como " esperanzador".
Increíblemente toda la línea de tiempo de esa publicación se cumplió. La comparto:
" Es un trato hecho. Se mudará al Reino Unido la primera semana de Diciembre de este año. Ella tendrá una vida de visitante por 6 meses. Dónde se alojará?. No preguntes. Durante esos 6 meses anunciarán el compromiso y luego ella renovará su vida después de uno o 2 viajes a Los Angeles y, como todos sabemos, una vez que ella es la esposa de Harry, el juego ha terminado. Pocos años en el matrimonio el divorcio o ANULACION. Confía en mí, es información privilegiada".
Nunca se comentó mucho este post, pero lo guarde igual y después me olvidé de él. Hasta la boda....
Al parecer Archie nunca fue parte del trato, tal vez se viene otro escandalo que amerite una anulación, es lo que pienso...bueno a esperar como se desarrolla todo...
Revelado: el sitio web Sussexroyal.com se registró hace casi un AÑO y fue creado por la empresa SAME Toronto detrás del blog de estilo de vida de Meghan Markle, The Tig (y YA se jactan de su nuevo cliente real)
  • El nuevo sitio web, sussexroyal.com, entró en funcionamiento poco después de su anuncio.
  • En el sitio, describieron su 'nuevo rol progresivo' y financiamiento en el futuro
  • Está diseñado por la misma empresa con sede en Toronto que creó el blog de estilo de vida de Meghan
  • También hablaron sobre el futuro de sus organizaciones benéficas y su nueva política de medios.

SU NUEVA POLÍTICA DE MEDIOS ???? ¿Quién coxx realmente creen que son?

la duquesa charlatán

¿Hace un año? ¿Por la misma firma?
Las chicas tienen ⚽️ 's ...

bella2491
La nueva "política de medios" es similar a cualquier dictador para su información.
Prensa "Seleccionada". Sólo con Invitación. No hay prensa independiente. Lanzado únicamente a través de su "oficina de comunicaciones".
hombre partiendo de la base que el ha nacido siendo royal, que es su modo de vida y lo que conoce y que justo conoce a MM y se distancia del hermano y ahora esto... está claro que la culpa la tiene el pero por calzonazos!! Pero vaya que este tipo de relaciones en las que la mujer llega y arrasa se ve en todas las familias ;-)

no solo mujeres... tambien muchos hombres.

Opinion

Black Britons Know Why Meghan Markle Wants Out
It’s the racism.
By Afua Hirsch
Ms. Hirsch is the author of “Brit(ish): On Race, Identity and Belonging.”
  • Jan. 9, 2020, 3:11 p.m. ET

09Hirsch-articleLarge.jpg

09Hirsch-articleLarge.jpg

Credit...Samir Hussein/WireImage, via Getty Images
The British press has succeeded in its apparent project of hounding Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, out of Britain. The part it perhaps didn’t bargain for, however, is the loss of Prince Harry — a much loved Royal and a key part of the family’s global brand — along with her.
In a statement released this week, the couple said they want to “carve out a progressive new role” within the royal family and will “step back as ‘senior’ members, and work to become financially independent.”
The British press reacted with surprise at the “shock move abroad,” described variously as “seismic,” “selfish,” “rogue” and “an atrocious lapse of judgment.
If the media paid more attention to Britain’s communities of color, perhaps it would find the announcement far less surprising. With a new prime minister whose track record includes overtly racist statements, some of which would make even Donald Trump blush, a Brexit project linked to native nationalism and a desire to rid Britain of large numbers of immigrants, and an ever thickening loom of imperial nostalgia, many of us are also thinking about moving.

From the very first headline about her being “(almost) straight outta Compton” and having “exotic” DNA, the racist treatment of Meghan has been impossible to ignore. Princess Michael of Kent wore an overtly racist brooch in the duchess’s company. A BBC host compared the couple’s newborn baby to a chimpanzee. Then there was the sublimely ludicrous suggestion that Meghan’s avocado consumption is responsible for mass murder, while her charity cookbook was portrayed as somehow helping terrorists.
Those who claim frequent attacks against the duchess have nothing to do with her race have a hard time explaining these attempts to link her with particularly racialized forms of crime — terrorism and gang activity — as well as the fact that she has been most venomously attacked for acts that attracted praise when other royals did them. Her decision to guest-edit British Vogue, for example, was roundly condemned by large parts of the British media, in stark contrast to Prince Charles’s two-time guest editorship of Country Life magazine, Prince Harry’s of a BBC program and Kate Middleton’s at Huffington Post, all of which were quietly praised at the time.

Her treatment has proved what many of us have always known: No matter how beautiful you are, whom you marry, what palaces you occupy, charities you support, how faithful you are, how much money you accumulate or what good deeds you perform, in this society racism will still follow you.
In Britain’s rigid class society, there is still a deep correlation between privilege and race. The relatively few people of color — and even fewer if you count only those who have African heritage — who rise to prominent success and prosperity in Britain are often told we should be “grateful” or told to leave if we don’t like it here.
The legacy of Britain’s history of empire — a global construct based on a doctrine of white supremacy — its pioneering role in the slave trade and ideologies of racism that enabled it, and policies of recruiting people from the Caribbean and Africa into low-paid work and then discriminating against them in education and housing, is with us today: The scandal surrounding the wrongful deportation of black British people in recent years is still reverberating.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/05/...lback=false&imp_id=826949779&imp_id=894621601

Meghan’s decision to join the family that is the symbolic heart of the establishment responsible for this troubled history was perplexing to many black British people, as we wondered whether she fully appreciated the institution she had entered.
Both she and Harry appear to have gained crystal clear vision as to their reality. It’s no wonder the couple want to leave and — as the coded statement that they want to raise their son Archie “with the space to focus on the next chapter” seems to suggest — protect him from the bile to which they’ve been exposed.
The British press, having attacked the couple continuously, now reacts with shock at this move. But the clues have been there for some time for anyone willing to read them.
There was the decision not to give Archie a title from birth — something that is expected among royal children of this rank but which Meghan and Harry appear to have chosen to avoid. Then there were the rumors last spring that they might relocate to a country in southern Africa.
In recent months, the couple have begun bypassing official royal channels and communicating with the press directly — most notably when the Duchess said in a television documentary that she found adjusting to royal life “hard,” and Harry revealed that the tragic experience of the death of his mother, Princess Diana, made him want to “protect” his wife and family.
All were signs that the couple would not abide by royal business as usual, to the extent that even announcing this decision to step down from their roles as senior royals appears to have taken Buckingham Palace by surprise.
I am not at all surprised. This was the bitter shadow of their sunny May 2018 wedding. How many of us suspected — hoping but doubting we were wrong — that what would really initiate Meghan into her new role as a Briton with African heritage would be her experience of British racism. And ironically, by taking matters into their own hands, Harry and Meghan’s act of leaving — two fingers up at the racism of the British establishment — might be the most meaningful act of royal leadership I’m ever likely to see

El fondo ya lo tenía, lo único que conseguirá es que al marido lo deshereden y que al final Harry viva de una pensión del hermano. De hecho, hay una nota que dice, que el fin de semana él, MM y Archie, fueron a palacio a hablar con la reina y los cortesanos le bloqueron la entrada.

Como el Duque de Windsor..... que en el fondo murió desgraciado.

A ver, para empezar, para ser financieramente independientes tendrían que renunciar al título de altezas reales y presentarse como Harry y Meghan Windsor, no quieren ninguna obligación, pero saben que lo que les va a abrir las puertas es el pertenecer a la familia real y ser nombrados Duques de Sussex y no ser los ciudadanos Meghan y Harry.
Y me pregunto, si ellos pensaban así, xk aceptaron el ducado de Sussex al casarse? Claro está, Meghan pensó que podría doblegar a la corona y que le aceptaran todas las cosas que queria cambiar y pues al ver que no fue así, se va ella y se lleva a su Harry. Ojalá no se divorcien xk el pobre Harry regresará con la cola entre las patas a lado de su hermano.

A mi me parece una excelente decisión, nunca la vi a ella por la labor de cooperar, al contrario. Harry está haciendo todo por alejarse de su familia, veremos en unos años como le va.
1000 bingos

Pero si su mayor ambición supuestamente era llegar a la familia real ¿Por qué ahora decide irse y no querer ser parte de ese entorno? Yo no le veo lógica, porque habría podido conseguirse otro tipo de hombre y hasta con mas millones, si es tan manipuladora como dicen, debió haber apuntado a un billonario que la metiera en los círculos rancios de Londres o New York sin tener que casarse con un príncipe que comparado con otras fortunas es modesto y aguantar protocolos y a su familia para luego renunciar a la realeza, es absurdo.
Los billonarios no son estúpidos como este principe!!

illie Little
Portland, ORjust now
Sexism has also played a large role in the British press take-down of Ms Markle. The press has consistently labeled her as "difficult" and a "bad influence" on Harry. It's like Yoko all over again! Prince Harry has always been a rebel. Maybe he chose such a strong woman because she helps bolster his courage to do what he's wanted to do all along.
ReplyRecommend
Flag
Dana commented 3 minutes ago
D
Dana
Queens, NY2m ago
I have no doubt that Prince Harry looked to Meghan as an escape from the straight jacket of royal privilege and responsibility. His rebellion should surprise no one. The impact of his mother's death in the golden royal fishbowl clearly is a factor in his decision. I agree. Harry is showing leadership and love for his family in seeking to find a more just life. I wish him and Meghan well. They are a beautiful couple.
Reply3 Recommend
Flag
Joan In California commented 3 minutes ago
J
Joan In California
California3m ago
And we must remember that the "British" practiced on the Irish for centuries before they expanded their proprietary practices to other populations and peoples. No one in the British government should say a critical word about anyone else. Those Anglo-Saxon ancestors came from the continent as did the Romans before them and the Celts before them and the folks who built Stone-Henge before them ad infinitum.
Reply1 Recommend
Flag
D commented 11 minutes ago
D
D
Illinois10m ago
Their website, newly re-launched wit their announcement this week, explains the Royal Rota system. Where certain media outlets get first dibs, to their own profit, from the royal family. Some of these media outlets are being sued by Harry & Meghan now. They wanted out of the Royal Rota after the media's treatment of them. The rest of the royal family seem to want to keep that media relationship. Staff of the rest of the royal family seem to be selling Harry & Meghan out to the media. Interesting. It's even more difficult to deal with racism and all this external pressure, when you don't have support in your own "house." Harry saw the media treatment of his mom, and he also now knows the lack of support his mother received from the royal family. History repeats itself. I can't blame them for wanting to live life differently.
Reply11 Recommend
Flag
JFB commented 12 minutes ago
J
JFB
Alberta, Canada11m ago
I wish them well with their struggle to become financially independent. Well, not quite the struggle with which most of us might be familiar, given (according to the BBC) the £5mm per annum from Harry’s dad, £6.5MM sum left by Harry’s mum, “millions of pounds” left by Harry’s great-gran, plus of course the £38,300 per episode of Suits earned by the Duchess. I honestly do wish them well but let’s not pretend any of this is in any way newsworthy.
Reply8 Recommend
Flag
smozo commented 12 minutes ago
S
smozo
Rhode Island11m ago
Might Canadians be interested in a modern constitutional monarchy for Canada, independent of the mother country, with Harry & Meghan as king and queen? There's certainly precedent: the current monarchy of Norway, independent of Sweden, was established in 1905 in a similar way.
Reply6 Recommend
Flag
1 REPLY
uji10jo commented null
U
uji10jo
canadajust now
@smozo NO. I'm from a constitutional monarchy country. I know many Canadians adore the Royal family. But are Canadians interested? NO. If they were William and Kate, they may toy the idea but Harry and Meghan? NO.
ReplyRecommend
Flag
jr commented 12 minutes ago
J
jr
PSL Fl12m ago
If black Britons know why Ms. Markle and her husband "want out," and they believe that answer is racism, do they then have any idea of where they will go to escape racism? I do not know why this couple is doing what they are doing. But I do believe that if the full answer is racism, they are doing the opposite of what needs to be done: Stand up to the problem, don't run from it. I believe racism is universal, and the best we can do is acknowledge it and try to do the right things. I do not believe people can escape it, and in fact that only makes matters worse (absent dire circumstances in countries where racism is sanctioned).
Reply3 Recommend
Flag
Fast Marty commented 16 minutes ago
F
Fast Marty
nyc16m ago
I think they did the exact right thing. Two strong and independent individuals, who seek to forge a life out from under that mess. Good for them.
Reply40 Recommend
Flag
1 REPLY
Joyce commented 2 minutes ago
J
Joyce
Pittsburgh2m ago
@Fast Marty And yet they still want to be funded by the Duchy of Cornwall and want their security detail paid for by UK taxpayers. And yes, that is true - check out their posts on the shiny new SussexRoyal website, where they will be selling coffee mugs, sweatshirts and calendars soon. They made sure to trademark SussexRoyal in order to do exactly that.
ReplyRecommend
Flag
sedanchair commented 16 minutes ago
S
sedanchair
Seattle16m ago
This reminds me of the treatment of Formula One driver and six-time world champion Lewis Hamilton. As the first black F1 driver, a native son of England, and the most dominant competitor of the modern era, as well as a big donor to charity causes, you would imagine Hamilton would be universally celebrated. Instead, the media airs gripes about his hair, his jet-setting lifestyle (an F1 driver?? I never) and the fact that he wore green trousers to a gala event (I'm serious). It's also worth mentioning that he hasn't been knighted after six titles, when Jackie Stewart was knighted after only three. And don't give me "oh it's because he lives in Monaco to avoid taxes" as if no tax cheat industrialists were ever knighted.
Reply33 Recommend
Flag
JANET MICHAEL commented 17 minutes ago
J
JANET MICHAEL
Silver Springs17m ago
I think Harry and Megan have made a very mature decision at a perfect time.They are thrilled with their son, Archie, and want the very best environment for him.Most of us have the option of where to live and how to raise our children They seem to want to be independent financially and emotionally from the very rigid strictures of the Royal Family.Good for them.We should support a loving couple and their children instead of burdening them with our expectations.Best wishes for the independent and photo free life they crave!
Reply42 Recommend
Flag
Bklynbrn commented 18 minutes ago
B
Bklynbrn
San Francisco18m ago
I’m not all surprised by this article. Studying and teaching the past 30 years about racism with community college students can be disheartening, but also hopeful. I say hopeful because this generation coming up have little time for the despicable thoughts, words and actions of my generation. This hatred against people of color is something difficult for them to comprehend, especially because many of them are biracial. I am saddened beyond despair that with so many issues threatening our planet and humankind today, millions still maim, kill, and discriminate against those who are like the rest of us, except for their color.
Reply25 Recommend
Flag
Robin commented 18 minutes ago
R
Robin
Pennsylvania18m ago
I give the Duchess the benefit of the doubt -- she simply strikes me as a decent woman who fell in love with a Prince. Her family on her father's side (including her father) seemed determined to embarrass and harass her -- how dare she actually find happiness. It's hard to pretend all is well when clearly people show you that you are not wanted -- it's possible to move about with the determination to push forward regardless -- but, unfortunately, it still wears you away bit-by-bit. I wouldn't put it past some of these people to go after their child with the same poisonous attitudes -- so, I think they've done the right thing.
Reply21 Recommend
Flag
Duncan McTaggart commented 18 minutes ago
D
Duncan McTaggart
Baltimore18m ago
Hear hear. No question that racism needs to be exposed and crushed and maybe this couple can make a difference with the general public.
Reply13 Recommend
Flag
Peter Piper commented 18 minutes ago
P
Peter Piper
N.Y. State18m ago
It's not racism. It's the boredom. It all sounds like a fairy tale, but being a figurehead in a royal family is incredibly boring and stifling. Look at the Queen. She can't go mix with regular people. She can't express an opinion on anything. That's not the kind of life that either of them want. It's really that simple.
Reply7 Recommend
Flag
Catherine commented 18 minutes ago
C
Catherine
Seattle, WA18m ago
Welcome to North America, H and Meghan as your carve out your new life! With love from Seattle.
Reply18 Recommend
Flag
twill commented 18 minutes ago
T
twill
Indiana18m ago
Thank you for the article. Now I understand.
Reply7 Recommend
Flag
Jackie commented 18 minutes ago
J
Jackie
Pa18m ago
This was my first thought. Deuces!
Reply5 Recommend
Flag
Dunca commented 18 minutes ago
D
Dunca
Hines18m ago
Was race the reason behind Lady Diana, the Princess of Wales, death in the French tunnel alongside her partner, Dodi Fayed, and their driver, Henri Paul? Surely one must be suspect that race as well as a multitude of reasons might be possible. One being the insatiable appetite for scandal by the British yellow journalism rags that sell like hotcakes to the terminally curious public.
Reply6 Recommend
Flag
JDH commented 18 minutes ago
J
JDH
Leuven, Belgium18m ago
Spot on. White supremacy is the most basic governing political structure in the UK. Brexit was about little else. Those who voted for it will tell you some rubbish about how it was about EU regulations on banana shapes, bottle sizes, and pillow specifications or about restoring British independence. It was about older white people feeling powerless and resenting all the immigrants they saw around them. The media’s response to Meghan Markle could have been seen coming from 1000 miles away to anyone who has spent any time in the UK. It’s utterly shameful. More power to Harry and Meghan.
Reply36 Recommend
Flag
catamaran commented 18 minutes ago
C
catamaran
stl18m ago
I just hope that they don't turn into Sarah Ferguson and start selling access/endorsements in one way or another. And there are many ways to do it. Everybody's got to make a living, but please don't trade on the name. Signed, Someone who doesn't really like the royal family anyway
Reply3 Recommend
Flag
Pete commented 18 minutes ago
P
Pete
California18m ago
Times Pick
Of course this is true. Brits will howl, but they have proved over and over again that their society is shot through-and-through with racist currents. I hope that the couple are thinking about how their actions help or harm social progress in Britain. I think a case could be made either way, but perhaps the determined actions of their young prince and the continued grace and common sense of his wife will induce Britons to think about their most vile shortcomings.
Reply28 Recommend
Flag
ldharding1 commented 19 minutes ago
L
ldharding1
New York19m ago
I never saw any of this on Downton Abbey!
Reply9 Recommend
Flag
1 REPLY
Mr. Darcy's mother commented 1 minute ago
M
Mr. Darcy's mother
Upstate, but not far enough north, alasjust now
@ldharding1 Then, you obviously missed the episodes where Lady Rose fell for a black-American musician and the family tried to dissuade her from the relationship, with the haughty Lady Mary Crawley persuading the musician that such a connection would ruin her cousin's life. It's all there...
ReplyRecommend
Flag
Roma commented 20 minutes ago
R
Roma
Poncinelli19m ago
While I agree with many aspects of the article, I think racism it's not the sole reason why Meghan and Harry decided to step out of their royal roles. Observing their behavior and choices through the years, before and after their marriage, it's clear that both have a more progressive and contemporaneous mentality regarding their personal and social lives, either in England or in the USA, besides their keen marriage of hearts and mind towards politics, charity, and lifestyle. They've already crossed and advanced so many NOs, and as a family unit they're are just continuing to focus on their YESes, on what is better for their own family in the present and future. They are both free spirited, not much in syntony with the excessive rules and pomp and circunstance traditionally required by the royal rigueur. I applaud their choice to be happy on their own terms.
Reply10 Recommend
Flag
Daniel Solomon commented 21 minutes ago
D
Daniel Solomon
MN21m ago
It seems like everyday there is something eating the "great" out of Great Britain. I wish the young couple all the best. It's little England's another loss, the beautiful couple will be just fine!
Reply25 Recommend
Flag
SR commented 23 minutes ago
SR

SR
New York23m ago
What will it take to make those "thinking of leaving" to have the courage of their convictions and actually leave?
Reply9 Recommend
Flag
Tele Trots commented 23 minutes ago
T
Tele Trots
Southern California23m ago
Ms Hirsch Thank you for providing this much needed historical context for the Sussexes decision. I agree with everything you have written. I’ll add that the Royal family appears to have taken pains to protect Andrew from his bad behavior. But the Royals have done little to protect Meghan, whose behavior has been exemplary. Just a few years ago, Will, Kate and Harry appeared to be in sync on their Heads Together campaign for mental health. But those heads are now blown apart. Will and Kate have done nothing to show support for the Sussex family.
Reply40 Recommend
Flag
Alle C. Hall commented 24 minutes ago
A
Alle C. Hall
Seattle24m ago
I am not a Royal "follower" type of person; I doubt I've read a full story about the Royals since Lady Di's sad death. But this story goes beyond whatever all-that-stuff-about-the Royals is supposed to be. This has to do with a young woman of color standing up for herself in the face of the full racism and social stratification of a society, stratification and racism that goes all the way up to the QUEEN; and about a young man who was brave enough to marry out of the full weight of his country's history. I love that they want to be financially independant. COME TO SEATTLE, ex-Duke & Duchess. We celebrate foresightful people and couples who put their children first. And we're cheaper than LA, have just as much natural beauty, and have thriving theater scene. What's not to love!?!?
Reply27 Recommend
Flag
Jacques commented 28 minutes ago
Jacques

Jacques
New York28m ago
If racism is the problem, America is not the solution. If anything stands out about Ms Markle and makes her different to the other Royals, it’s not her race - which most people don’t even recognise - but the fact she’s culturally American.
Reply13 Recommend
Flag
1 REPLY
Shobha Date commented 18 minutes ago
S
Shobha Date
Germantown MD18m ago
@Jacques Well, they are moving to North America and not USA and likely to Canada that will treat them well with respect.
Reply10 Recommend
Flag
Phyliss Dalmatian commented 29 minutes ago
P
Phyliss Dalmatian
Wichita, Kansas29m ago
I have nothing but respect for their decision and wish them the best. Let’s move on, and let their Family enjoy it’s greater freedom. Cheers.
Reply49 Recommend
Flag
BS commented 30 minutes ago
B
BS
New York30m ago
Go Harry and Meg! Congratulations for having the courage of your convictions and the strength to act on them. And welcome to North America!!
Reply61 Recommend
Flag
Aaron commented 31 minutes ago
A
Aaron
San Francisco31m ago
Harry is one seriously courageous young man to stand up for his wife and son against such towering power. No doubt his mother would be very proud of him. Hopefully Harry will become a role model for other men in England that find themselves under pressure in interracial marriage. Stand tall, young prince.
Reply119 Recommend
Flag
Brian commented 31 minutes ago
B
Brian
Vancouver BC31m ago
I love that the Royal couple holidayed recently on Vancouver Island. Locals, including media, knew exactly where they were located, and left them alone. They were known to hike daily on a local hill, yet there was no rush by the public to hike there to maybe brush into them. A young couple, while taking a selfie on that local hill, were interrupted by Meghan, who offered to take the picture for them. Rather than ask Meghan and Harry for a photo of them, they thought respecting their privacy more important. Wow! One can only wonder what the collective respect shown for them while in Saanich must have meant to the frequently hounded family. Maybe they will settle here.
Reply98 Recommend
Flag
Mary commented 32 minutes ago
M
Mary
New Jersey32m ago
"No matter how beautiful you are, whom you marry, what palaces you occupy, charities you support, how faithful you are, how much money you accumulate or what good deeds you perform, in this society racism will still follow you." I know this is not meant to be an exhaustive list, however I think it is important to include here also "smart" and "excellent at her craft." Apparently also not enough, but in this particular case, she is smart and an accomplished actress as well as beautiful, married to Harry, and the rest.
Reply49 Recommend
Flag
1 REPLY
FDRT commented 6 minutes ago
F
FDRT
NY6m ago
@mary Often "smart" and "excellent at her craft" are diminished or overlooked. She went to one of the best schools in the world for college and was one of the main characters on a series for seven years. Apparently neither of these things matter much. Despite the fact that getting into a highly selective university and then working in an extremely difficult industry to make a living in mean nothing because... Black?
Reply1 Recommend
Flag
June commented 43 minutes ago
J
June
NYC43m ago
So much truth here. I applaud her and her husband for putting themselves, their marriage and their beautiful immediate family first. I would do the same thing. In a minute.
Reply139 Recommend

Back