Explosiones en NY, NJ y Minnesota.

Lo siento por vosotros, me parece tremendo, y ojalà no pase nada. Todo mi cariño para las que estàis por esas tierras.
Gracias querida Rosiña, agradezco de todo corazon tus palabras pues estamos viviendo dias muy dificiles. Se que comprendes perfectamente como nos sentimos.

Un fuerte abrazo.

Despues del atentado de ayer a la carrera 5k de Semper Fi, el Festival de San Gennaro que se hubiese celebrado hoy en Belmar, muy cerca de Seaside en el Jersey Shore fue cancelado debido a posibles problemas de seguridad.

Mientras las autoridades expanden su investigacion expandiendola a un auto abandonado en Madison avenue, en las cercanias del Flat Iron District, el alcalde de New York, Bill de Blasio se niega a clasificar el 'incidente' como un acto terrorista. Durante una conferencia de prensa fue confrontado por un reportero;

“How can you say there is no link to terrorism when the Inspire magazine published instructions on how to build one of these pressure-cooker bombs, like the one used in the Boston Marathon bombing?” a reporter, referencing an online magazine linked to Al Qaeda, asked at a press conference.

Por otro lado, el gobernador de New Jersey ha llamado sin rodeo alguno un acto de terrorismo a la primera explosion y multiples artifactos explosivos que fueron colocados a lo largo de la carrera de Semper Fi en Seaside.

Gov. Chris Christie says New Jersey pipe bomb 'clearly an act of terrorism'

Gov-Chris-Christie-says-New-Jersey-pipe-bomb-clearly-an-act-of-terrorism.jpg

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Sunday a pipe bomb that exploded inside a trash can on a charity run path is a definite act of terrorism meant to frighten people in his state. Photo Courtesy of Ocean County Prosecutor's Office.

TRENTON, N.J., Sept. 18 (UPI) -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie called an explosion near a charity run Saturday "clearly an act of terrorism" meant to frighten people in his state.

"As far as terrorism is concerned, it is clearly an act of terrorism," Christie said on Fox News Sunday. "We just don't know who is responsible for it."

No one was injured after the pipe bomb detonated near a Marine Corps charity run in Seaside Park, N.J.

The governor said the FBI is investigating the pipe bomb incident and has "very promising leads," The Hill reported.

"It was done intentionally to try to terrorize the people of New Jersey," he said. "So that we know, but we need to know who is responsible to get them into custody."

Christie said he doesn't think, at this time, there is a connection between the pipe bomb in New Jersey and an explosion in New York City's Chelsea neighborhood Saturday night that sent 29 people to the hospital, broke windows and sent metal shrapnel flying through the air. A second explosive device made from a pressure cooker was found four blocks from the New York blast.

He also said there is no evidence at this time to link the explosion to an incident in St. Cloud, MN where a man stabbed eight people inside a mall before being killed by an off-duty police officer. In that case, the attacker referenced Allah and asked at least one person before he began the attack whether they were Muslim.

A news agency with connections to Islamic State has claimed the man as an IS recruit who "carried out the operation in response to calls to target citizens of countries belonging to the crusader coalition."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016...mb-clearly-an-act-of-terrorism/8541474219924/

Chris Christie: ‘No doubt’ blasts in New York and New Jersey are a form of terrorism

By Callum Borchers September 18 at 11:01 AM

imrs.php

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) said Sunday that he does not know who is responsible for Saturday's blasts in New York and on the Jersey Shore, but he does know what to call the attacks.

Asked by host Jake Tapper whether there are suspicions of a link to a terrorist group such as the Islamic State, Christie replied, "Of course there are."

"You can call them whatever you want — they are terrorism, though," Christie said on CNN's "State of the Union." "There's no doubt about that. They're terrorism. Now, who's responsible and what the motive was is something else that, hopefully, we're going to find out in the days ahead."

He continued: "You know, but I, again, I think one of the things — and this comes from my background as a prosecutor for seven years, Jake — you don't want to jump to conclusions, and you don't want to put information out there that you don't know is absolutely true."

Speaking at a rally in Colorado Springs on Saturday night, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump told the crowd that a bomb had detonated in New York. At the time, authorities had not said whether the explosion that injured at least 29 people in New York was caused by a bomb.

"I must tell you that just before I got off the plane, a bomb went off in New York and nobody knows exactly what's going on," Trump said.

"It's a terrible thing that's going on in our world, in our country," he added, "and we are going to get tough and smart and vigilant. ... We'll see what it is. We'll see what it is."

Christie, who will lead Trump's transition team should the real estate magnate win the election, defended Trump's comments.

"Well, listen, I don't think you have to defer when saying that there was an explosion and a bomb in New York," Christie said. "I mean, everybody knew that, and it was being reported on television, Jake. So there's a difference. Now, you shouldn't attribute it to any particular organization or group if you don't have the facts or information to do that. But I think that what Donald did was perfectly appropriate."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-york-and-new-jersey-are-a-form-of-terrorism/

El gobernador de New York, Andrew Cuomo ha enviado fuerzas de la policia estatal y la Guardia Nacional a New York City (5-Boroughs) para patrullar las vias publicas, el sistema de transporte publico, incluyendo el Port Authority, los tuneles y el metro.

Cuomo: NYS Police Officers, National Guard To Patrol NYC After Chelsea Explosion
September 18, 2016 12:45 PM
Filed Under: Andrew Cuomo, Chelsea Explosion

http://cbsloc.al/2d8c2Dy

Cuomo gave an update on the status of the investigation into the explosion at a press conference Sunday morning.

Though there was damage reported, Cuomo says the blasts did not harm the subway system. Cuomo said full service should be restored for the Monday commute, but to check the MTA website for updates and additional mass transit information.

Follow
Andrew Cuomo

✔@NYGovCuomo

There was no damage to MTA so we expect service to be up & running tomorrow for affected stations. Check http://mta.info for latest.

Cuomo said that there is “no reason to believe at this time that there is an immediate threat” to the city, but to “err on the side of caution,” the state will be deploying an additional 1,000 New York State Police and National Guard people to police the bus terminals, airports and subway stations.

“I want New Yorkers to be confident when they go back to work on Monday that New York is up and running and that we’re doing everything we need to do. And I feel comfortable that this additional deployment will help do that and is prudent on this occasion,” Cuomo said.

http://cbsloc.al/2cIbQLL#.V98nZ3UAcBI.twitter

Cuomo said all 29 people who were injured in the blast have been released from the hospital, WCBS 880’s Sophia Hall reported.

According to Cuomo, the FBI has brought evidence from the explosion site to Quantico, Virginia, for analysis, as well as evidence fromSaturday’s blast in Seaside Park, New Jersey. Cuomo said he wasn’t sure if the undetonated device found on West 27th Street had been transferred there.

The governor said the devices found in Chelsea and New Jersey were different, describing the New Jersey explosives as pipe bombs. Cuomo said he is coordinating with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on the investigation.

Speaking in an interview on CNN, Christie said law enforcement officials have some “promising leads” in the Seaside Park investigation, but have not officially named a suspect.

“You don’t want to jump to conclusions and you don’t want to put information out there that you don’t know is absolutely true. And so as I said, we have some promising leads,” Christie said. “We are working with the FBI and our state police to follow them.”

“But obviously, if you look at a number of these incidents, you can call them whatever you want, they are terrorism though. There is no doubt about that,” Christie continued. “They are terrorism. Now, who is responsible is something else and what the motive was is something else that hopefully we are going to find out in the days ahead.”

Follow
Andrew Cuomo

✔@NYGovCuomo

I spoke with @GovChristie this morning on the explosion in Chelsea and we are coordinating resources between NY and NJ.

Cuomo acknowledged that though the Chelsea explosion was “an act of terrorism,” the incident is “not linked at this stage to international terrorism at this time.”

Follow
Andrew Cuomo

✔@NYGovCuomo

LIVE: I've been briefed by all relevant agencies. At this time no evidence of int'l terrorism connection, but investigation is ongoing.

“Whoever did this, we will find and they will be brought to justice,” Cuomo tweeted Sunday. “Life will go on in NY as normal. We’re not going to let them win.”

Follow
Andrew Cuomo

✔@NYGovCuomo

Whoever did this, we will find and they will be brought to justice. Life will go on in NY as normal. We're not going to let them win.

During a press conference on Sunday afternoon, Mayor Bill de Blasio called the explosion a bombing.

“This was a very serious incident, it’s going to take a lot of careful investigation to get to the facts and to the truth,” de Blasio said. “We are not going to jump to conclusions.”

De Blasio said they do not yet know what the motivation was behind the bombing.

“This was an intentional act, but we do not know the motivation,” de Blasio said, adding authorities will be looking into whether it could have been politically or socially motivated.

De Blasio also called on New Yorkers to “be vigilant” and that there will be more police presence in the city.

“You will see a very substantial NYPD presence this week, bigger than ever,” de Blasio said

NYPD Commissioner James O’Neill called it a “complex investigation.”

“We’ve recovered video from both scenes and we’re continuing to canvass for witnesses and additional video,” O’Neill said.

O’Neill said he is “concerned,” but added that the person who did this will be brought to justice.

“We are always in a state of readiness,” O’Neill said.

O’Neill added, “We’re still gathering evidence and we did find some components indicative of an IED.”

The second device that was found is currently being investigated by the bomb squad.

There was no structural damage to any buildings in the blast.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/09/18/cuomo-chelsea-explosion/

Hola @Astrid.La sede de la ONU esta cerca de la calle 47???.Ya te diré por que te lo pregunto.
Saludos.
Si, la sede de la ONU se encuentra en la Primera Avenida del Este de Manhattan entre la 42 y la 48 Avenida. Alrededor se encuentran las misiones de varios paises ante la ONU asi como organismos relacionados tipo UNICEF, UNDP, etc.

Otros 5 artefactos explosivos fueron encontrados esta madrugada en New Jersey al detonar uno de ellos. Esta vez ha sido en la ciudad de Elizabeth, muy cerca de Manhattan. Se incrementa la seguridad en todo el tri-state area (New York, New Jersey & Connecticut), especialmente en trenes, tuneles, carreteras y vias publicas ya que hoy el Presidente Obama hara su ultima comparecencia ante la Asamblea General de la ONU y contara con la presencia de Jefes de Estado y dignatarios de todo el mundo que se encuentran desde ayer de visita en Manhattan.

El FBI ha identificado a 5 sospechosos del atentado del sabado en Chelsea que estan siendo interrogados.

Si, la sede de la ONU se encuentra en la Primera Avenida del Este de Manhattan entre la 42 y la 48 Avenida. Alrededor se encuentran las misiones de varios paises ante la ONU asi como organismos relacionados tipo UNICEF, UNDP, etc.
La primera vez que fui a NY fue en el viaje de fin de estudios,como el viaje era bastate barato nos metieron en una residencia en la calle 47 se llamaba Vanderbilt y las habitaciones eran literas,en el mes de Agosto hacia un calor infernal en la habitación,no tenía aire acondicionado y me escape a la calle sigilosamente cuando vi un edificio rodeado de jardines cerca del río y allí me tumbé y me dormí.No quiero ni decir por la mañana los zarandeos que me dieron las profesoras jejejeje.A partir de ese día no se separaban de mi ni un momento,pidieron una cama supletoria y dormía en la habitación de una profesora,muy bien por que en esa habitación no hacia nada de calor jajajajaja.Lo he recordado al hablar de la ONU.
Un saludo Astrid y gracias.

Back